365

Saturday, May 30, 2009

We are officially 1 year away from the big day! I really can't believe that we have been engaged for almost 8 months now. I took the dogs for a walk yesterday and we went past the spot where J and I got engaged (I haven't been there since he popped the question). I must have looked like such a fool...i was just standing by a fence with a big, dumb grin on my face and misty eyes. But oh well...I'm a bride I'm allowed to get sentimental!

In the park...popping the question.
My response: "Shut up..you're joking...shut up"


Even though I never really wanted an engagement longer than a year...I have to say it has been kind of a blessing. I am so far ahead of the game at this point that I can hardly believe it...here's the recap of everything we've done so far:
-Booked the ceremony site
-Booked the reception site (which books up so far in advance, so a long engagement was a really good thing)
-Bought my dress
-Bought my veil and hair pieces
-Booked the photographer
-Booked the "photobooth"
-Bought the printing supplies for the invitations
-Met with the pastor (more on that later)
-Picked out our colors (more on that later too)
-Asked most of our bridal party

But...(there's always a but) the list of things yet to do is 10 times as long...so I shouldn't get too cocky. Ah well...i still have a year!

0 comments: