We love bacon!

Monday, October 12, 2009

(Before I begin...I have to say that our 4th bridesmaid Chelsea wasn't able to make it to brunch...and even though she wasn't there physically, we kept her there in spirit!)


It all started innocently enough....4 girls getting together for brunch to meet and discuss wedding plans.

It was shortly after this picture was taken that we discovered that we all ordered extra bacon with our breakfast....hence "We love bacon!"


I don't know if it was the excitement of dress shopping or the over-abundance of bacon, but things quickly devolved into this...

With bellies full of bacon, pancakes, eggs and more bacon we headed out. Ready to dive headfirst into a world of taffeta, crinolines and sequins. Little did I know when I arranged this little Sunday outing that most bridal stores are closed on Sunday! Ooops! Undeterred, we soldiered on, to the one bridal store we knew would be open...David's Bridal. I have to say, that the enthusiasm displayed by my girls was inspiring. They dove right into those racks and started pulling dresses.

At first we made a serious attempt to find some dresses to fit my then non-vision. Unfortunately I wasn't much help in giving them any sort of direction about what to pull. But they persevered, but with slightly underwhelming results...

This dress featured the ever popular "schoolmarm" length

Is that a nightie or a dress?

There were no words, only laughter

Finally we succumb to the madness and tried on the three most ridiculous dresses we could find....
Halloween anyone?
and let's not forget the back...oh the back!


Eventually we did find a dress that looked good on all three girls. The only problem...it didn't come in any attractive colors.


Definitely the best of the bunch!


So at the end of the day we left dress-less, but I think it's safe to say that we everyone had a great time! It was great to see that everyone got along so well....but I guess bonding over bacon will do that!

How was your first dress shopping trip with your bridesmaids go?

0 comments: