The real reason people get married....the gifts!

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Ok..so maybe the gifts aren't the only reason that people get married, but it certainly is a perk.
As we approach the 8 month mark I've had several people ask me where we were registered....was I supposed to be thinking about that already??? Apparently I was, so last Saturday J and I sat down and picked out where we were going to register and some of the must-have items we wanted on our lists.

I once read somewhere that you should have one store for every 50 guests, so with that in mind we set about the task of picking three stores that had the things we wanted at prices that were reasonable.

My first thought was the wedding registry go-to store, Crate & Barrel. It seems like everyone registers there, so why not us. But after browsing their website and walking around the Milwaukee store we decided that it wasn't for us. Don't get me wrong, C&B had some great stuff, but a lot of it wasn't really our aesthetic. So we crossed that one off and kept going. The rest of our list included some of the other registry regulars, namely Target and Bed, Bath and Beyond. In addition we had Kohl's, Boston Store, Williams Sonoma, Lowe's and Amazon.com I knew that my mom was pushing hard for Boston Store but the thing is, J and I really don't like shopping there. So at first it was scratched off. But then we started thinking that it really was a nice mid-range, one stop shop for everything we needed. Plus they had the cookware we wanted, where as Kohl's and Target did not. And let's not forget the 500 thread count Egyptian cotton sheets...oh the sheets! I have wanted a set of really good sheets for a long time and Boston Store has exactly want we wanted. So it was settled, Boston Store was in...that means Kohl's, you're out.
After that decision everything else fell into place. Target was a logical choice beacuse really...who doesn't love Target. Plus, Target is budget friendly, which was very important to us. With Target in, BB&B was out.

And finally our "wild card." Originally we thought that a large home improvement store would be a good choice, but reconsidered when we realized that anything we could conceivable want from Lowe's could be bought at Target. Amazon.com was never really much of a contender so that left us with William's Somoma, which made me all warm and fuzzy inside. I have had a love affair with WS for a ever and now...now I get to register there.

So there you have it. Our three registry winners; William's Sonoma, Boston Store and Target. I'm really happy with our choices and I think that it will give our guests a nice range of things to choose from.

What's on our registry....just you wait!!

0 comments: