Color color color

Friday, April 10, 2009

I've been struggling with the colors I want to use of the wedding for awhile now. I knew right away that I wanted one of the main colors to be yellow. With the wedding being in late spring I thought yellow was such a vibrant, fun color and would be perfect us. Plus the reception space is all Cream City Brick on the inside so I think the yellow would really match. So I've picked yellow...but now what shade??? Buttercup? Lemon? Marigold? I think this picture best sums up my choices (plus it is an absolutely fabulous candy buffet).



Source
I'm leaning towards a softer yellow, but still vibrant. Originally I had thought of going yellow, black and ivory


A great combo, but maybe a little too modern for what we are going for.


But yellow, brown and ivory is also wonderful!

Very cute...but is it too fall?


And then there's yellow and blue....hmmm.

Cute, but not quite us.

Then I stumbled on this palette from Snippet & Ink. They described the colors as butter yellow, milk glass and garden green...love it!


I love how bright, but still delicate it is. But.....will it work in my venue? I'm still not 100% convinced. But as of right now butter yellow, milk glass and garden green is my front runner.

0 comments: